Monday, May 13, 2013

Tierra del Fuego


Today was another free day so we got to sleep in a bit again. I woke up around ten and had breakfast in the hotel and then I called my mom to wish her a happy mother’s day. I waited around for a little while for other people to get ready, and then Brendan, Kelsey, Josh and I walked around to find coffee and food. Most of the restaurants and cafes were closed because it’s a Sunday and a lot of places close on Sundays, but we did come across an Italian restaurant near the beach that was open. Brendan was happy because he really wanted pasta and I was happy because I really wanted coffee. The people who owned the restaurant didn’t speak any English and we didn’t know how to read most things off the menu but what we did get ended up being delicious. I got ravioli in marinara sauce, or salsa de tomate as they call it, and the bread was amazing. Then we walked back and hung out for a little until it was time to go to dinner. We went to a really nice restaurant called Tierra del Fuego, which is right on the water in Vina del Mar and had huge glass windows. It was fantastic! We started off with a seafood platter appetizer that had shrimp, crab legs, lobster, and other fresh shellfish. Then we had some wine and I got a seafood salad for dinner. For dessert, we had an assortment of different sweets, which were amazing. When we got back to the hotel, we were all really tired from the filling dinner so we decided to just hang out and work on our presentations because we will be presenting them tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment