Sunday, May 12, 2013

Free day


Today we finally got to sleep in a little, and then I went to get a coffee from the café down the street with Brendan, Alana, and Kelsey. The coffee was really good- my first one of the trip- and the owners were really sweet and welcoming. Later, a big group of us walked down toward the beach to grab something for lunch. We walked to 5 norte which is a street that has a bunch of different restaurants and shops. We went to a restaurant called Entre Mesa and split a family meal that had chicken, pork, steak, amazing mushrooms, artichoke, and corn in a cream sauce. The restaurant was very rustic and authentic, and the food was delicious. It was also fun to share with everyone. After lunch I went back to the hotel and slept for a little. Then Becca, Jess, Colin, and I went to the market on the corner of the street and I picked up something for dinner. Later tonight we are going to go to Clavel’s house (a friend of Sebastian’s, one of the Chilean students). We went there before and it was really fun to interact with all of the Chileans. Hopefully I will be practicing my Spanish a lot tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment