Saturday, May 4, 2013

Plane ride

I'm currently sitting in the Dallas airport waiting for our plane to take us to Chile! I can't believe that we'll be there in the morning. Just yesterday I was in the car with my dad driving from New Jersey to Pittsburgh. Then I attended our very last orientation with my group along with the other Plus 3 groups traveling to China and Germany. After the meeting, the Chile group had a very nice and filling dinner at the Porch and then we headed back to Towers where we lodged for the night. 
In the morning we took a public bus to the Pittsburgh airport, where we flew into Dallas. The plane ride wasn't bad at all. The ride from Dallas to Chile, however, is ten hours and I will try to sleep the whole way.
When we arrive in Chile in the morning, a bus will take us from Santiago to Valparaíso (it's about an hour bus ride). Then we will meet up with Jorge, one of the trip advisors, and some of the Chilean students that we will be with for the rest of the week. 
Hanging out in the airport with this group of students is getting me so excited to share this experience with them. I am so thankful to have this opportunity. I can't wait to arrive in Chile, learn about the culture, improve my Spanish, and have an amazing time!
Ciao! 

No comments:

Post a Comment