Monday, May 20, 2013

Horseback riding on the beach

Today was such an incredible day. It was a great way to end the trip, and will be a memory that I never forget. We arrived at a rustic ranch that was located right across from the ocean! The first thing we saw when we got off the bus was a five day old cow that I actually got to feed. The ranch had so many animals, ranging from dogs to cows to pigs and horses. After all the horses were saddled up, we each got assigned to one. You could request to have a tranquil horse if you wanted to, but I have ridden horses before so I wanted to go with a bigger one. Once everyone was on their horse, we set off down the road towards the beach. At first, we had a nice calm walk on the beach and through the woods. However, at some points during the journey all of the horses would start galloping at insane speeds. At first, I was really nervous, but after about the third time I loved it! It was so exhilarating. For part of he time we walked right beside the water, but at other points we went through woods and sand dunes that looked like scenery from a desert.


After three hours of the best experience of my life, we went back to the ranch for an authentic cookout. They had all different kinds of meat that were cooked right on the grill, and fresh salads, and wine! Everything was delicious, and to finish it off we made smores! We all sat around and reminisced about all the good times we had and the amazing day we shared together. It was truly an experience that I will never forget!
Later that night, we went to a pizza place for our last meal with the Chilean students. It was pretty emotional to say goodbye to them, but I hope that I will see them sometime in the future. They left us with awesome USM sweatshirts that we all plan on wearing to the airport tomorrow! 


No comments:

Post a Comment