Monday, May 20, 2013

Last day in Chile :(

Sadly, today was our last day in Chile. I had Brendan wake me up at 9:30 so that we could walk to the beach to look for last minute souvenirs; although most of the vendors weren't even open at the time. After walking the beach for the last time, Brendan, Morgan, and I went to the empanaderia for our last empanadas. It was a sad walk back to the hotel and especially hard to pack up all my luggage. I didn't realize two weeks could go by so quickly, but I guess that's what happens when you are having so much fun.
We left the hotel at around 1:45 and said our goodbyes to Valeria, Paula, Javier, and Alejandro. It was so hard to say goodbye to these amazing people. It was even harder to say goodbye to the 18 students that I shared this incredible experience with. I did not expect to make such great friends on this trip. We all became so close, and I could not have asked for a more amazing group of people.
I will never forget these last two weeks. The knowledge of the culture and language have encouraged me to study abroad in the future, possibly to Chile again! I am truly blessed to have been able to have this experience. I made some great friends who I will be able to see next year at Pitt, and hopefully sometime in the future in Chile!

No comments:

Post a Comment